“The Liturgists Community” on FB took down my link to a gofundme for Bushi and his family (episode, Buddhism Part 1). I guess a Liturgist can’t ask for help. He and his family live in their Center which has been without power for a month. I can vouch for this as I am a student there, and they’re relying on my little generator. https://www.gofundme.com/thomasville-buddhist-center-tbc?teamInvite=6LqLhTFPV1ddRAh51m9nuSmUI2K5Q5wv95OmvPWFgcB1BdYtfAdCl2pteb0L5Oqf
My first Sangha
I attended my first Buddhist Sangha this weekend. It was an amazing, open, and welcoming space. Questions were actually encouraged, and pat answers were conspicuously absent. Understanding of ourselves was the goal in order to bring love and compassion into the world. It modeled my ideal of a Christian community. #buddhist6
@vishnu - Great message this week. I’m on the mission to be one of the crazies.
Devastated by beautiful dreams
When wanted touched bonded loved
With residue of illusory eros
And light briefly beaming through a window of untroubled ignorance
A ponderous dark dawning nudging my reverie
Then breaks in crushing avalanching memory
Reality rending raw mind and flesh
Wounds sealed by snake oil slumber split anew
Ashen soul reignites in sanguinary flame
Though hopelessness blackens my waking eyes
It is far worse to be
devastated by beautiful dreams
Dear kids in Washington State: you can make an appointment with your doctor, or walk into a clinic or ER, and get vaccinated. You don't need permission from your parents. You don't have to wait until you are 18. If the health care provider gets confused, the magic phrase is "Mature Minor Doctrine", and point out that not wanting to catch measles is sign of sufficient maturity.
Please reshare, and copypaste this any place this would be useful.
- Intensely introverted enneagram 5 in small town white Republican NC which means I have no close local friends.
- We have a suicidal 11 year old son with high functioning autism and don’t know how to parent him. He likely does not fit gender or orientation norms in our community.
- My faith shift has caused difficulties in my marriage as it has led to my wife’s disorienting deconstruction. I can no longer share my enthusiasm of all that I am learning with her as it makes her extremely anxious and only distances her from me. Painfully disconnected and emotionally separated.
- Middle-aged cis het white male born evangelical, raised in the church and Christian schooling all the way through Wheaton College.
- Slow deconstruction x 10 years. I was a lost, exvangelical, unhappy, closet agnostic parent of young children when I came across The Liturgists 3 years ago. It led me to a spiritual reinvigoration by connecting me to all ‘their people.’
- Now a mystic who identifies with the Christian metaphor discovering Buddhist philosophy and practice.
Labels include: Father, Christian/Buddhist mystic, American exvangelical, Army physician, Enneagram 5w4, 🏳️🌈-Ally, and a proud 🐐
This is an instance for folks who follow The Liturgists Podcast, The Alien & The Robot, and other things The Liturgists create.