6) Also, academics have either just finished terms, or about to. Summers are usually a bit lighter than the rest of the year, and people might be able to squeeze stuff in. I know academics have our own realm of privilege, but lots of us have diverse backgrounds, too, and still could speak to things. You might find some luck with some academics!
1. Yes. Most shows that do segments like we do have MUCH higher budgets and suppor staff to coordinate this.
2. We’ve done phone interviews. When we do, we get hundreds of complaints from listeners about audio quality.
3. That’s what we always do.
4. We pay contributors to the show (people who write and lead segments). We don’t pay guests (like most media).
5. That’s somethign we actively pursue.
6. Academics are the HARDEST to schedule, in our experience.
This is an instance for folks who follow The Liturgists Podcast, The Alien & The Robot, and other things The Liturgists create.